- General Lighting tips
- Tips for PC users
- Tips on Refrigerators
- Heating tips
Acts & Rules
The following Acts & Rules are administered by the Inspectorate:
- Indian Electricity Act, 2003.
- Indian Electricity Rules, 1956.
- Cinematograph (Regulation) Rules, 1973.
- Regulations for grants of License, certificate of competency and permit to electrical Contractor, Supervisor and Workmen respectively under the Rule 45 of Indian Electricity Rules, 1956.
The following are some of the important functions covered under the above Acts & Rules:
- Initial inspection of electrical installations of the suppliers and consumers High & Medium voltage and to serve an order upon them as required under the Rules.
- Scrutiny and approval of the methods of construction of High voltage & Extra High voltage installations.
- Rendering technical assistance to various Government Department and undertaking, site testing site inspection, measurement and assessment of internal installation and advice, framing of estimates, quotations/tenders for supervision of works during the execution. Commission of captive diesel generating sets owned by the Government Department / Industries was also undertaken.
- Recovery of Inspection fees.
- Annual inspection & testing of Electrical installation of all Cinema Halls in the State and to issue fitness Certificate to that effect.
- To conduct test for Cinema operators and to grant cinema operators license.
- To grant one License to electrical contractor.
- To renew annually old Licenses to Electrical Contractors Supervisors and Workmen.
- To grant certificate of competency to Degree and Diploma holders in electrical engineering.
- To grant certificates and permits to supervisors and workmen.
- To hear and decided the cases of malpractice by Electrical Contractors Supervisors and workmen.