- General Lighting tips
- Tips for PC users
- Tips on Refrigerators
- Heating tips
Programmes & Schemes
- General Activities for preparation of list of designated consumers and the energy consumption, collection of data concerning manufacturing as well as sale of household appliances and other equipments at State Level falling under the Energy Conservation Act and conduct demo projects (Government Buildings, Water Pumping System, Traffic Lighting System etc.)
- Hiring of Media Consultant for preparation of media Plan to examine the replicability of the media plan to cover all stakeholders through media, to strategically and productively develop the theme / concept for press meets, news release, articles and other promotional initiatives targeting local and national media; to prepare a Media Scheduling Plan; to prepare media feedback plan; design and printing of Promotional materials to be distributed to all stakeholders, certified Energy Managers; accredited Energy Auditors, designated consumer and general public. .
- Materials in English Language concerning ‘Energy Conservation and Efficient use of Energy’ as supplied by Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi has been translated into Khasi and Garo Languages.
- Design, Printing of Posters, stickers, pamphlets, leaflets, Promotional materials.
- advertisement on Video Graphics Advertisement (Entry Level Voice) on Energy Conservation has been developed and a Live Telecast of the same have been entrusted to a Local Cable News in 4 insertions in one month's period i.e. from 19th & 26th October, 2008 and 2nd & 9th November, 2008.
- Production cost of audible spots on Energy Conservation at the time span of one month have been entrusted to Prasar Bharati Broadcasting Corporation of India, All India Radio, Shillong.
- The Meghalaya State Designated Agency hosted a 2(two) days training programme on General Awareness of Energy Conservation Act, 2004 on 12th & 13th August, 2008;
- A State Level Essay Writing Competition for school students of 6 to 8 standards was held on the 14th November, 2008
- Energy Conservation Day was observed on the state on the 15th December, 2008.
- The SDA has been able to distribute around 80 % of printing materials in the form of pamphlets, leaflets, Stickers, brouchers etc. during the 96th Indian Science Congress which was held at North Eastern Hills University on 3rd -7th January. 2009
- Establishment of Internet platform for communication with Meghalaya State Designated Agency. The job have been entrusted to the National Informatic Centre, Shillong and the State’s Website by the address of : ‘msda.nic.in’ was launched on the 18th November, 2008.
- Initiated Market survey to sort out the number of dealers/distributors dealing with BEE
labeled equipments here in Meghalaya. Market Survey Proforma has been distributed to the dealers.