Golden Tips on Energy Conservation
Tips for PC users
- Set your computers, monitors, printers, copiers and other business equipment to their energy saving feature, and turn them off at the end of the day.
- A PC requires 300-500 watts of electricity; three PC’s left running continuously for a day will consume 7.2 - 12 kilowatt hours of energy enough to boost up your power bills.
- Screen savers do not save energy so turn off your computer and all its equipment completely when not in use.
- Turn off your laser printers when not printing. If possible, switch to ink jet or laser jets printers- they consume 90% less energy than laser printers
- Use and encourage others to use e-mail instead of sending memos and faxing documents
- Some printers require a minimum of 660 watts to operate, it is wise to use a shared LAN printers instead of individual printers.