About Energy Conservation
About us: The Government of Meghalaya has in its notification vided O.O. No. PE. 14/2002/98-A, dated 22-6-06 under the Energy Conservation Act-2001, has notified the Senior Electrical Inspector as the State Designated Agency for to Coordinate, Regulate & Enforce the provisions of the Act at the State level. Later, the “Inspectorate of Electricity”, Meghalaya has been notified and designated as the “Designated Agency” for the purpose of implementation of Energy Conservation Act, 2001 within the state of Meghalaya vide Notification No.PE.14/2002/246, dated Shillong, the 4th February, 2021.
In spite of the fact that the Agency was not been able to implement noticeable activities, it has tried its level best to initiate some as indicated below:
- MeghalayaState Electricity Board has been informed to introduce T.O.D. meters for large consumers to start with.
- MeghalayaState Electricity Board has also been informed to use Automatic switching on and switch off for the street lights in various municipal areas on an urgent basis
- Replacement of Incandescent Street Light & HPSV Street Light by LED Street Light
- Replacement of existing conventional lights by LED Luminaires in Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, DC Office, Govt. Schools, Community Centres, Govt. Hospitals, Community Centres.
- Replacement by 60 HP Energy Efficient Pump set as per specification of PHE Department
- Distribution of Energy Efficient BEE 5 Star rated fans
- Distribution of LED bulbs
- Promotional materials in the form of Guidebooks, pamphlets, leaflets, posters and standees in English, Khasi and Garo languages were developed and distributed.
- Workshops have been organised for promoting awareness on Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency activities.