Golden Tips on Energy Conservation
General Lighting tips
- Instead of brightly lighting an entire room, light only the specific area where you are working and not the whole room.
- Turn off all unnecessary lights and try keeping bulbs and fixtures clean.
- Use light colour on walls to reduces your lighting requirement
- Natural light is free. Make the best use natural lighting whenever and wherever possible especially during the day time.
- Turn off lights and other energy consuming appliances which are not in use or utilized
- Reduce overhead and confine to domestic lighting as far as possible to cut down your energy consumption bills.
- Use fluorescent bulbs in desk lamps
- Resort to CFL Bulbs instead of incandescent bulb. CFLs produce four times the light per watt compared to an ordinary incandescent bulb. They are higher in price but last longer.
- About 10% of your electric consumption bill can be saved by installing dimmer switches, lighting motion sensors or low wattage light bulbs.
- Illuminate your corridors using night lights when a little light is enough.
- Avoid unnecessary decoration of lights and limit the consumption of electricity especially in a vacant house/ room.
- Switch on the streetlights in proper time. It will be wise if we can use the timer.