Golden Tips on Energy Conservation
- Using of Halogen floor lamps may prove futile as they consumes lots of power and may pose a safety risk
- Instead of turning on your heaters, wear a sweater or add a blanket during the cold seasons
- Use ceiling fans to circulate warm air in winter rather than using your AC, especially in rooms with high ceilings.
- Small appliances use less power than larger ones. Wisely choose your new electrical appliances based on your wise decision and as per your needs.
- Cover the pots and pans and cook several dishes at once in the oven, to save time and energy.
- Substitute your electric heaters or halogen heaters with fluorescence heaters as they consumes lots of energy.
- Unless absolutely necessary, consider using a fan to an air conditioner during the hot summer seasons . It saves energy too.
- Don't set your hairdryer to the maximum heat setting, not only will you save your power bills, but your scalp too.
- Appliances (irons, coffee pots, etc.) with time limited shut off switches are very ideal for low energy charges.
- Replace your old aging electrical appliances, like TVs, VCRs etc when needed, with energy efficient models.